Monday, July 23, 2007

JackArse Rappers

So today I hear that degenerate rappers Ja Rule and Lil' Wayne were arrested(an hour a part no less). You know, when I heard I just rolled my eyes, and thought to myself of course, its album release time. Even though I am no longer a fan of rap music, I do know that Jerk Rule has an album coming out momentarily and as it so happens-drum roll please- Lil' Wayne is on his first single! What a coinkidinky!

Its so stupid and utterly lame that rappers have decided to use guns, drugs, murder and assault charges as free publicity. Its like forget paying for PR when we can just go out, act the fool and create free unbridled press. These jerks don't have a clue. I mean cause whens the last time you heard about Ja Rule? Right, I thought so. Then all of a sudden he gets arrested, I mean he has been such a nobody in the past couple of years, he couldn't even pay to get arrested. Now, with a new album coming out he needs to garner some kind of attention and reclaim his so called street cred or hood pass. Either of which in his putrid mind will guarantee album sales. Loser.

It just pisses me off, that younger kids buy into this crap and actually buy their music, because of their so called toughness. I miss the rap of the 90's, even though it was sometimes grimy and violent, it was real. These days, rappers are truly formulated on the lots of hollywood studios. Just a bunch of wannabee, studio tough guys, who really don't care about the impact of their recklessness on the younger generation. Yet and still I've heard many of them say, including Jerk Rule, that they don't allow their kids to listen to their music. Such bloody hypocrites! Just as bad as Madonna not allowing her kids to watch TV.

Anyway, what can you do, money is still the biggest denominator in this world. The record labels and artists will never change as long as there are gullible people around willing to pony up for their crap. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

No comments: